Honestly, I think every day should be World Kindness Day! Kindness is the one thing our world needs a lot more of! Kindness is the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. Kindness can be a simple as smiling and saying hello, good morning or good afternoon (friendly). Kindness can be paying for the person behind you in line (generous). Kindness can be making it a habit of holding the door for others, often (considerate). Kindness is something so beautiful, because you do something for others that will make them feel good ( generally, you feel good too!).
How can you celebrate today and every day?
- Whenever you see a member of the military, thank them for their service
- Bring up the neighbor’s garbage cans and/or recycling bins
- Congratulate the other team, win or lose
- Send a card to someone in the military overseas
- Sit with a new person at lunch
- Pay someone a sincere compliment
- Visit a nursing home- sing, read or just chat
- Surprise someone with coffee, lunch or dinner- just because
- Leave a book you’ve finished where someone else can have it
- Teach someone something new
- Volunteer for a non-profit organization
- Bring flowers to a neighbor – just because
- Ask for donations instead of birthday gifts
- Sell something you don’t need and donate the profits
- Deliver water bottles to a homeless shelter
- Leave or send an anonymous thank you note to a teacher, co-worker or friend
- Let someone go ahead of you in line
- Do someone else’s chore at home or work without them knowing it was you
- Give a helping hand when someone is carrying a lot of stuff (physically or emotionally)
- Give up your seat to someone who needs it more
- Pick up garbage/waste when you see it
I hope you are inspired to let your Kindness flag fly! If you enjoyed this article, please be kind and share!