Photo Credit: Houzz – Native Son Design Studio Ryan Goldman, Jennifer Roberts, Eric Doolin
Spring is just starting out, so we have plenty of time to think about landscape and outdoor design plans. Some of you may be thinking of ways to spruce up your patio or deck and others may be looking for ideas to create a dedicated outdoor room. There have been tons of creative designs for outdoor rooms, whether they’re intimate, resort-inspired, or used for outdoor dining. If you are creating a space for your own enjoyment or for entertaining guests, family-friendly or to create privacy for yourself, here are a few of our favorite tips!
- Set your furniture up to be inviting and accessible for your needs. Whether your are enjoying privacy or entertaining, think it through so it’s functional and fluid instead of frustrating.
- Think about the type of “bugs” that might bug you. Do you want to add citronella candles or tiki torches to your space to fend them off? Or purposefully plant pretty flowers to invite the honey bees? Thinking ahead can really help you make the most of it.
- Lighting can always create a warm and fun experience for your summer evenings – so strands of lights or fireplaces are always incredible add-ons when decorating.
- If you and your family love to grill and cook outdoors, try to pay attention to the placement of the grill so you’re not getting smothered with smoke while relaxing and letting the grill master do their thing!
- Extra attention to the small things like extra pillows, outdoor rugs and speakers can pull everything together so you have an incredible and fun outdoor area. You can even install an outdoor TV!
- If you have a large exterior wall, or big open space in your yard, purchasing a large screen (inflatable of retractable) and a projector will allow you to host the best movie and fight nights in your neighborhood!
Send us photos of your amazing outdoor spaces so we can see how much fun you’re having! Cheers to backyard BBQ’s and afternoon hammock swings!