Who doesn’t need some quick appetizers in their party planning ? These prosciutto crostini generously slathered with goat cheese and topped with caramelized onions & spinach are quick and easy, but elegant and impressive for a app for Easter or any occasion.
credit : http://www.yummyaddictions.com
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 red onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- a handful spinach leaves , sliced into ½-inch ribbons
- 8 thick slices ciabatta or other Italian bread
- 5 oz. (140g) soft goat cheese
- 4 oz. (113g) Prosciutto , thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic and red onion. Cook until tender and slightly translucent. Add the balsamic sauce to the onions, mix well and cook over high heat for a minute or two. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the caramelized onions and sliced spinach leaves and set aside.
- Spread goat cheese on each slice of bread. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese softens.
- Remove from the oven. Top with prosciutto, the mixture of caramelized onions and spinach, and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Serve and enjoy!