This year we really ‘grew up’ and started cooking at home more…we didn’t have a choice, right? One of our new favorite meals took a couple times to perfect, but it’s super simple, requires few ingredients and it’s delicious! If you’re on TikTok, you’ve probably seen the Olive Garden Chicken recipe. The first time I made it, I did so exactly as the video showed, but the Italian flavoring was way too strong, so two attempts later, and I’ve got it just right! Enjoy my take on a family friendly recipe! This recipe is best suited for 2, but easily doubles or triples for families.
(2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of Olive Garden Italian dressing
1 block of cream cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1. Grab your crock pot liner to save you some cleaning time! Place in slow cooker.
2. Tenderize chicken gently, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. With a fork, poke several holes in chicken.
3. Place chicken breasts flat on bottom of slow cooker
4. Pour in 1 cup of Olive Garden Italian dressing
5. Cut 1 block of cream cheese into 6-8 cubes, place in slow cooker
6. Pour in 1 can of cream of chicken soup
7. Cook on low for 5-6 hours
8. DO NOT SHRED until completely done cooking and ready to plate, take out of the slow cooker before shredding.
9. Serve with pasta; I recommend Penne!
10. Top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Not shredding the chicken until we were ready to eat made a big difference. The chicken was moist and flavorful, but it also prevented us from losing half of the chicken into the sauce.